Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Finally ! Some finished goodies !




Well it has been a long time coming but I have actually finshed some pieces for the CHA show in - YIKES - just one week. My poor kids have been patient while I have been working so I treated them to the new Harry Potter movie today. It was fabulous. I am such a kid - I just love those books and movies. There is nothing like sitting in a dark, air-conditioned theater when it is 110 degrees outside. With fresh popcorn and an ice cold soda.

Here is a mini-album that I made for our Girl Scout Trip to Sea World a few weeks ago. I love mini -albums because there is such a sense of accomplishment when you finish one and they don't take that long. I used chipboard alphabets from Heidi Swapp. They are altered with nothing but glimmer mist. The black impressions are some assorted stamps but nothing else was used to color the chipboard. Glimmer mist makes it so easy.

I even used it to create borders on some of the edges. I just pulled the edge of the photo onto the extra "spray" from the glimmer mist. When you spray the chipboard there is always some overspray on my craft sheet and instead of waste it I used it the "frame" the photos. I would let it dry naturally though because the heat tool could damage your photos.




















Our Girl Scout troop sold over 4000 boxes of cookies to pay for that fabulous trip. So to all those who purchased cookies from us - we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

My second adventure was a bouquet of paper flowers - yes, it has been done before but not with glimmer mist.
You can really see the shine and shimmer in this photo. My daughter Karissa helped me make these flowers. There is only one flower that has been covered by paper (the white one). All the rest have been colored with Glimmer Mist. The petals with the swirls were created by applying white acrylic paint to a clear rubber stamp and then stamping the chipboard flower before the glimmer mist was applied. This is now my new favorite thing to do ! I just love the effect. And it was so quick. Thank you to Diane for showing me the amazing Accucut die for all of these flowers. She saved me loads of time.
Well I better go feed the family and finished some more projects for the show. If you want to see a great new die from Accucut please so visit my new friend Vicki's blog, she made some great flowers today too !
See ya later XOXO

4 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Woo Hoo Kathy! Those projects are FANTASTIC!!!
I tagged you on my blog today! Vicki

shelly said...

Kath, you absolutely amaze me!!!!! Yet another FAB-U-LOUS project. . .i'm so jealous. But you know I love ya.

Charmingdesigns said...

Yea!! I got my glimmer mist in the mail today...I spritz one of my little pink wool birds...It Shimmers!! Love it. Now I need more colors! Love what you did with the chip board and flowers!! Laurie

Vicki Chrisman said...

Ohhh.. it was soooo great meeting you guys in person! I'm thinking you somehow managed to change you flight home though..because I looked and looked for you at the airport and never saw you. (sad I missed you to say goodbye)
All your samples ..esp that "Sea" book were so so gorgeous to see in real life. You do amazing work!
So gald we got to meet!!